Friday, January 18, 2013

Meditation

"It's awful quiet around here.  Too quiet.  I can hear myself think.  Gonna have to do something about that.  I think I'll give that killer whale a call for starters, have him bring his band."

Messing around with color a bit here.  I wanted something less than the usual bright blue summer sky I typically throw into a scene.   So I added some transparent red iron oxide to my sunny sky mix of pthalo blue, white, and a trace of Naples yellow.  I think it worked out well.  It has a sort of vaguely gloomy underwater quality, like the pregnant moment before a storm, when all hell breaks loose.  Which I guarantee will happen once that killer whale gets here.  That whale ROCKS!

6x9 inches, oil on panel.  Available for purchase here.

No comments:

Post a Comment